Wednesday, July 23, 2014

IHOP - Important Hour of Progress Night

When David got called to the bishopric, I continued to serve as the Stake Relief Society secretary for about a year.  It started to get a little hectic with our two schedules, and I'm pretty sure David expressed his concerns and had a little part in me being released.  I have loved serving in Relief Society and learned so much.  I had no idea what kind of a calling I would have next.  I have served in some type of a Relief Society calling for at least eight years now and so I was actually pretty nervous about doing anything else.  

I have never served in Young Women's.  Actually, I did teach the MiaMaids when David and I were first married, but that was only for about two months until we moved out of the ward.  I was recently called to serve in Young Women's as the Personal Progress leader.  As nervous as I was to be called to the youth program, I was extremely excited to get the girls excited about personal progress.  I have a strong testimony of this inspired program and I know that it helped guide me and keep me on the right path when I was a youth.  It has been quite a long time since a girl in our ward has earned her YW medallion, and I hope to change that.  I want them all to make a commitment to set that as a goal, and make it happen.  

I already love these girls so much.  I decided to do kind of a kick off activity to get them all started again and break out their personal progress books.  We had an IHOP night, which stood for Important Hour of Progress Night (thank you Sugardoodle)!  David cooked pancakes for everyone, regular and chocolate chip, and the girls actually really sat down together and accomplished some of their goals.  I gave them three choices of goals to work on, and I think they all accomplished at least two of them.  It was a great night and a good way to get to know them better.  I look forward to more activities with these girls, and hope to make a small difference in their lives.



No comments: